By Helen Fulton
- Offers a finished survey from the earliest to the latest works
- Features a magnificent variety of recognized overseas contributors
- Examines modern additions to the Arthurian canon, together with movie and desktop games
- Underscores an realizing of Arthurian literature as primary to western literary tradition
Read Online or Download A Companion to Arthurian Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
Technological know-how fiction has lengthy been a haven for lesbian writers, permitting them to use the style to debate their marginalized prestige. This serious paintings examines how lesbian authors have used the constructions and conventions of technology fiction to include characters, relationships and different topics that relate to their adventure because the necessary different within the broader tradition.
A spouse to American Gothic contains a selection of unique essays that discover America’s gothic literary culture. The biggest number of essays within the box of yankee Gothic Contributions from a large choice of students from all over the world The so much entire insurance of concept, significant authors, pop culture and non-print media on hand
The culture of supernatural horror fiction runs deep in Anglo-American literature. From the Gothic novels of the eighteenth century to such modern authors as Stephen King and Anne Rice, writers have hired horror fiction to unearth many disquieting truths in regards to the human situation, starting from mistreatment of ladies and minorities to the ever present risks of recent urban existence.
Monsters are fragmentary, doubtful, scary creatures. What occurs once they input the world of the theatre? The Monster in Theatre heritage explores the cultural genealogies of monsters as they seem within the recorded background of Western theatre. From the traditional Greeks to the main state of the art new media, Michael Chemers specializes in a sequence of ‘key’ monsters, together with Frankenstein’s creature, werewolves, ghosts, and vampires, to reassess what monsters in functionality may suggest to people who witness them.
- Romantic Naturalists, Early Environmentalists: An Ecocritical Study, 1789-1912
- Edmund Spencer: The Critical Heritage: Volume 14 (The Collected Critical Heritage : Medieval Romance)
- Arthurian Legend in the Seventeenth Century (Routledge Library Editions: Arthurian Literature)
- The Formulas of Popular Fiction: Elements of Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance, Religious and Mystery Novels
- In Praise of Nonsense: Kant and Bluebeard (Meridian: Crossing Aesthetics)
- Romantic Friendship in Victorian Literature (The Nineteenth Century Series)
Additional info for A Companion to Arthurian Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Arthurian Literature (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Helen Fulton